Since its founding more than five years ago, Waging Nonviolence has become a widely recognized source for news and analysis of activism and social movements around the world. On the heels of its groundbreaking coverage of the Occupy and climate movements, Waging Nonviolence was nominated for an Utne Media Award for best political coverage in 2013.
Updated daily, the site features original reporting, podcasts and videos on organizing around a broad range of social justice issues — including the environment, economic justice, housing, immigration, indigenous struggles, the criminal justice system and militarism — both in the United States and abroad. Over the last year, the site published on-the-ground dispatches from a courageous team of journalists and activists in 30 countries, including hot spots such as China, Thailand, Syria, Egypt, Palestine, Afghanistan, Greece, Brazil and Mexico. It is both a locus of discussion for the dynamic community of activists, scholars and journalists interested in people-powered movements, as well as an accessible entry point to nonviolent struggle for the general public.
As leading political scientist and author Erica Chenoweth recently wrote, Waging Nonviolence is “the essential journalistic resource on civil resistance,” and “provides unmatched access to the key discussions and debates that will shape our understanding about civil resistance for years to come.”
Monthly Page Views: 51,000
Average Time on Site: 1:13
- We accept ads for events, books, films, organizations and small businesses with a commitment to social justice, activism and making the world a better place.
- Size: On the homepage, the top slot is a medium rectangle (240 x 200) and the bottom is a large rectangle (468 x 300). On individual article pages, there are two slots for medium rectangles (310 x 200). On the weekly newsletter, there is one rectangle (163 x 300).
- File type: Send image in any common format (such as Flash, JPG, GIF). We accept animated ads. We do not accept pop-up ads or audio.
- Please send a URL for your ad to be hyperlinked to.
- Waging Nonviolence does not offer graphic services to edit, alter, or amend ad copy received.
Homepage Top Homepage Bottom
Article Page Top Article Page Middle
All banner ads on the website are cost per thousand impressions (CPM). Minimum order for banners: 5,000 impressions for homepage, 10,000 impressions for articles.
Banner ads on our weekly newsletter (Slot 5) are based on the number of subscribers (5,500+) and are priced as follow:
1x 3x 6x
$120 $100/each $80/each
If you would like to advertise with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.